Programme Approval Steering Committee
The purpose of the Programme Approval Steering Committee is to:
- Set programme-specific design requirements including those that relate to collaborative provision with attendant representation from the Collaborative Provision Strategy Group
- Confirm and ratify the timeline for the completion of the design process
- Receive updates of ‘designs-in-process’
- Record all programmes approved by Programme Specific Approval Panels (PSAPs)
- Report all business into the University Learning and Teaching Committee (LTC) through the Operational Learning and Teaching Committee
Programme Directors (or Programme Directors designate) submit to PASC to gain approval for new programmes, modifications to existing programmes or withdrawal of programmes. In the case of new programme approvals, this is done via a PSAP. Please note, any change to a Programme Specification document has to be ratified by PASC via your School’s LTC.
It is important to note that the procedures for gaining approval for new programmes, modifications to existing programmes or withdrawal of programmes have certain time frames attached. Therefore submissions need to be made in good time with these time frames in mind. School Quality Officers (or equivalent) should also be consulted when seeking the approval, modification or withdrawal of a programme.
- Published: 6 years ago
- Updated: 5 years ago